With more than 50 years experience in delivering some of the largest and most complex electrical installation projects in Australia, Fredon now offer the same expertise in design, project and construction management and maintenance to the mining and industrial sector.
Fredon have significant capacity to deliver projects including Power Generation, Petrochemicals, Oil and Gas, Mineral Processing, Materials Handling and Industrial Infrastructure projects.
Our whole-of-life electrical solutions are tailored to the needs of clients, from pre-feasibility high level design concepts and budgets, providing support via engagement in early contractor involvement, assisting with design reviews, procurement, project execution, handover to operations and ongoing maintenance services as required.
- Non-Process Infrastructure and accommodation villages and for remote mining & resource projects
- Crushing, screening, conveyors, stockyards, stacker / reclaimers, rail load-out and ship loading facilities
- Process plants including mineral, petrochemical and oil & gas processing
- Power generation projects including gas / diesel, reciprocating / turbine, solar & wind generation and battery storage
- Water treatment, reverse osmosis, desalination and sewerage treatment plants
Remote & Regional Footprint
Our Mining and Industrial installation projects are typically in remote and regional areas, and Fredon focuses on ensuring the benefits of these projects are broadly shared by:
- Ensuring employment opportunities are offered to local and indigenous people;
- Engaging the services of local and indigenous subcontractors and suppliers wherever possible;
- Supporting local communities, including participation in and sponsorship of local and regional events; and
- Providing opportunities for participation by apprentices and trainees
Diverse, Inclusive Teams
Fredon celebrate and actively encourage diversity and inclusion in our workforce and our high-performance project teams are both gender and culturally diverse. We focus on ensuring a high proportion of employees are indigenous.
Comprehensive management systems are used by Fredon for managing health, safety and wellbeing, environmental management and quality assurance. We’re independently audited and certified by Global Mark against the relevant Australian / New Zealand and International standards for Health and Safety, Environment and Quality Management.
Areas of expertise
Fredon have significant expertise and capabilities in design and engineering. The core offering of our Mining & Industrial business is the installation and maintenance of Electrical and related services, with capabilities including the design, supply, installation, commissioning and maintenance of:
- High voltage distribution including switchyards, transformers, ring-main units and all associated cabling, termination & testing
- Hazardous Area installation, (inc. EEHA Inspections)
- Process Instrumentation equipment and Control Systems
- Control Rooms, Switchrooms, Distribution boards
- LV equipment, lighting & small power systems
- Communications systems, fibre optic cable install & terminations
- CCTV & Security systems
- Fire Detection & Warning systems & dry fire suppression systems
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Chilled Water, Industrial Gases etc
- Iron ore, Coal, Gold, Lithium, Nickel and other mining developments
- Mineral sands and rare earths
- Power Generation
- Water and sewerage treatment
- Grain handling, salt production and food & beverage processing